Principal Engineer, Ground Engineering team
Ramboll are looking for a Principal Engineer with proven project delivery experience to help develop our Ground Engineering team in our Southampton Office. This team is commited to work collaboratively with many other parts of the Ramboll Group to provide integrated and sustainable projects for communities around the world.
You will support an Associate or Director utilising your experience, skills, and knowledge to participate on a variety of Ground Engineering and Infrastructure projects spread across the whole asset lifecycle from conceptual and detailed design through to assessment. On a typical working day you will be responsible for Client liaison, development of the skills of other staff members, evolution of design, or planning of new work proposals. We are also passionate about the development and promotion of Ground Engineering so encourage our staff to actively engage with initiatives such as STEM development and Gender Equality within the UK industry.
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From iconic projects such as Ferrari World, Tate Modern and the Queensferry Crossing, to ongoing ground breaking projects like HS2 and the upgrade of Britain’s Antarctic research stations. Ramboll Ground Engineering has an award winning reputation for the design of offshore wind farms, development of ports and marinas, delivery of complex urban building projects, design of major new transport crossings in the UK and overseas, renewal of the trunk road network in London, and protection of historically and environmentally valuable assets. Our work encompasses site research, investigation design and organisation, feasibility through to detailed design, and design life risk assessment. We employ various design tools ranging including complex soil/structure numerical modelling that are based on our strong knowledge of ground engineering principles. This approach has made Ramboll is a much sought after delivery partner within the ground engineering sector.
- You will be expected to take responsibility for the delivery of geotechnical services to external clients or other disciplines within Ramboll for projects of a variety of scale and form part of a team delivering larger, more complex projects under the leadership of the discipline manager
- Promote the Ramboll brand and contribute to business development
- Apply and promote our values relating to how Ramboll delivers services to society
- Provide support to others in relation to the implementation of policies relating to health and safety, and design quality.
- Assist in developing the skills of less experienced staff to help deliver projects
- Project Manage ground engineering led work and work with external clients
- Contribute to the procurement of new work for Ramboll Ground Engineering teams and other disciplines
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Current projects opportunities exist in Ground Engineering and international projects and therefore specific experience in these areas including languages and collaborative communication skills would be an advantage
- Dependable professional experience within the ground engineering discipline
- Commitment to the ground engineering and civil engineering communities in the UK or overseas through society involvement/engagement
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- BEng/MEng (Hons) Degree in Civil Engineering
- A Masters Degree in a suitable ground engineering discipline would be an advantage
- Chartered Engineer or Chartered Geologist, MICE/FGS
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of the business
- Good written and aural communication skills
- Proven record of the delivery of results within challenging deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Desire to contribute ideas on projects and to positively develop the ground engineering discipline.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Termen limită 2019-02-01
Loc de muncă Southampton