Engineer, Infrastructure & Highways team
Ramboll are looking for Infrastructure & Highways Engineers to join our team based in Southampton. This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you challenging and varied work on large projects throughout the company, along with a highly competitive package.
Reporting to an Associate or Technical Director you will utilise your previous experience, skills and knowledge to participate on a variety of Highways and Infrastructure projects spread across the whole asset lifecycle from conceptual and detailed design through to assessment.
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From iconic projects such as Ferrari World, Tate Modern and the Queensferry Crossing, to ongoing ground breaking projects like HS2 and the new International Airport in Gabon, the role will involve liaison with both private and public clients, local authorities and external stakeholders. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector.
- Will be responsible for managing the production of technical design information including reports, drawings and specifications for the infrastructure associated projects
- Liase with both private and public clients, local authorities and external stakeholders
- The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, whilst also managing and supporting the supervision of junior team members
- Expected to carry out technical reviews and the checking of design information and reports prepared by other engineers in the team
- Assist with the production of proposals for new commissions, and undertaking project management and financial control of small to medium sized projects
- Promote the Ramboll brand and undertake business development
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and the development of others
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the design and project management of roads and drainage for residential, commercial and retail developments and will be responsible for the production of detailed design information, technical reports, drawings, tender documents and specifications
- Demonstrate experience and proficiency of industry standard software including Windes, PDS, AutoCAD, Civils 3D etc. and act as a technical mentor to junior team members
- Demonstrate experience using design standards such as Sewers for Adoption, Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads & Bridges and BSEN Standards
- Proven examples in successful design delivery of highways and drainage infrastructure to adoptable standards including the successful negotiation of Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278 Agreements are required
- The candidate will also be expected to take an active role in driving Technical Excellence within the team, and wider Group, which will involve developing and leading in the following areas:-
- Strengthening BIM/3D Modelling skills and expanding the team portfolio
- Improving efficiency through use of engineering software
- Sharing technical knowledge between London and regional offices
- Awareness of industry standards and their influence on Ramboll
- Improving quality of the team output including drawings, models, reports, specifications
- Expanding our portfolio in 3D utilities coordination
- Current projects opportunities exist in aviation, masterplanning and international projects and therefore specific experience in these areas including languages would be an advantage
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Termen limită 2019-01-18
Loc de muncă Southampton