Engineering (Site Solutions/Due Diligence) Intern
We invite you to bring your Excellent organizational and time management skills. into play as you get the opportunity to gain experience working in the site investigation, remediation and due diligence practice areas. To succeed in this role you must have be working towards a geology, geoscience, environmental science, or engineering degree (civil, environmental, or geological) and should be interested in pursuing a career in environmental consulting.. Are you our new Engineering (Site Solutions/Due Diligence) Intern? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave an positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment and Health department
As our new Engineering intern you will be part of Site Solutions and Due Diligence (Air Quality) practice in the Denver, Colorado office. The Denver office is a team of approximately 25 scientists and engineers working in the Air Quality, Corporate Sustainability, Due Diligence, Ecological Service, Information Management Systems, and Site Solutions practice areas. As a member of the interdisciplinary team in Denver, you will have the opportunity to work with professionals in all of these fields.
Your key tasks and responsibilities may be:
- Assistance with collection of soil, sediment, surface water and groundwater samples
- Assistance with industrial hygiene sampling
- Compilation and evaluation of environmental data
- Assistance with the preparation of reports
- Generation of figures using GIS
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Candidates should be working towards a geology, geoscience, environmental science, or engineering degree (civil, environmental, or geological) and should be interested in pursuing a career in environmental consulting.
- Candidates with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and a major GPA of 3.0 or above are strongly preferred. Candidates must be a Junior or Senior at a four-year college with ABET accreditation in the fields listed above. Candidates with anticipated graduation dates of December 2019 or May 2020 are strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% on average over the summer and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from 1-10 days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project.
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear PPE on some occasions.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work independently and within a team setting
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture. Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business, and without regard to ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, military service or veteran status.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Termen limită 2019-03-28
Loc de muncă Denver, CO