Discipline Lead Engineer with experience within piping design and layout projects
Here is a great opportunity to join Ramboll and take on a position where you both use, develop and contribute to our expert knowledge within piping design and layout and where you can lead experienced piping teams in projects.
Your responsibilities as Discipline Lead Engineer
As a Discipline Lead Engineer, you work on piping design and layout projects for the Oil and Gas, Offshore Wind and other similar industries in a multidisciplinary environment. On the one hand, you manage the discipline project team, functioning as a trusted advisor and ensuring smooth collaboration and high team spirit. On the other hand, you use your technical expertise actively in terms of securing technical project integrity. Furthermore, you ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget and at the quality level matching the client’s contract.
We offer you the opportunity to work with tasks such as:
- Act as piping & layout discipline lead on medium and larger projects leading a project team across countries
- Work closely with the assigned Project Manager ensuring that quality and deadlines are met
- Interact with clients and stakeholders on technical solutions in order to ensure the best solution for the client
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure an optimal and effective execution and quality
- Control the economy of the discipline by following up on discipline progress and time consumption
- Handle risks and opportunities
- Ensure that department execution workflows and design tools are updated and maintained
You may expect some travel activity, around 1-3 days per month to offshore facilities or other sites.
You and your competencies
Working as Discipline Lead Engineer, it is vital that you have excellent collaboration skills, a positive outlook and a flair for delegating to motivate your discipline project team to work towards a common goal. Moreover, you must be able to set clear objectives, identify and organise resources and focus on clients’ needs by delivering projects on time, with high quality and within budget.
Your professional skills are of the highest standard, and more specifically, you:
- Hold a BA, Master or PhD within Mechanical Engineering
- Min. 10 years of experience in piping design within Oil and Gas offshore or similar industries
- Specialty in design and layout - both new designs and modifications
- Experience with multidisciplinary projects
- A couple of years of experience as a Lead where you have delivered projects on time, with high quality within budget
- Are familiar with 3D design tools – and preferably have previous hands-on experience
- Have strong oral and written skills in English and it is beneficial if you also can speak Danish
- Be able to obtain and maintain offshore certification for working offshore
Join our experienced Piping Layout team
The Piping & Mechanical department in Esbjerg is a highly experienced and successful key player within the Energy industry, covering all aspects of the client’s value chain. Our experts within special systems are among the leading specialists in the world. We are close to 30 dedicated colleagues who work with mechanical equipment such as pumps, compressors, turbines and pipe systems. Furthermore, we cover all aspects of piping engineering including cost estimation, concept and feasibility studies, detailed and follow-on engineering.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. The company employs more than 15,000 experts globally and has especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. With 300 offices in 35 countries, Ramboll combines local experience with a global knowledgebase constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our clients, the end-users, and society at large. Ramboll works across the following markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. More information available at www.ramboll.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
If you are interested in applying, please send your application through our online recruitment system by clicking the link ‘Apply for job online’ below. Please remember to attach your CV, cover letter and exam papers. We will be interviewing on a continuous basis, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Termen limită 2019-01-20
Loc de muncă Esbjerg (RDK)